Re: netscape problems

Scott Call (scall@ccnet.com)
Tue, 05 Nov 1996 10:35:46 -0800

Nils Faerber wrote:

> Use another browser is the only help I can give you.
> Can anyone recommend any graphical to use while netscape is not ported to
> AXP/Linux. Netscape would also definetly need Motif which is also not (yet)
> ported ... is anyone working on this? Are there any graphical browsers that
> do not need Motif (apart from Arena and Amaya (for which sources are hard
> to find ;))

I sucessfully compiled Mosaic 2.8a2, as it uses a new "GTK" (Graphical
Toolkit) NCSA is developing rather than Motif. It's OK, supports some
HTML 3.2/netscapisms, and looks like a solid base for what's to come
(IT's a complete code re-write from Mosiac 2.7, not an update)

I haven't played with Arena on the Alpha yet...

-Scott

> > miguel
> CU
> nils
>
> --
> Nils Faerber (Linux Nils) eMail: nils@vespa.unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
> Student of computer science http://www.unix-ag.uni-siegen.de/~nils/
> Unix user group, University of Siegen, Germany
>
> Siegen ... the arctic rain forest!

   ___
  /   ~-.    Scott Call
 |       \      TCP/IP Network Administrator/Holder of Past Knowledge
  \\j`j; /  ,      CCnet, Inc	http://www.ccnet.com/
   (^,  )bxr~        Walnut Creek, CA
    ---'		http://www.devolution.com/
46. Outrageous vehicles only make the hero cooler.
101. Mallets can be stored anywhere on anybody.
		-All I Need to Know I Learned From Anime