Re: New UDB owner problems

Jeff Hutchison (jhut@inst.strykercorp.com)
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 06:57:20 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 4 Nov 1996, Adam Fenn wrote:

> 2) lpd and the UDB gives me errors when I send print jobs from another box
> to a printer locally attached to the UDB the error is 'lpd: memory violation
> at pc=12000bf58 rp=15555703534 (bad address=00000000)'

I can't speak for your other problems, but I am experiencing exactly the same
problem as (2) above. I tried the new lpd rpm in the updates directory, but
no joy. I finally resorted to reinstalling the old ECOFF lpd from RedHat
3.0.3--that works fine.

Jeff Hutchison Kalamazoo, MI
<jhut@serv01.net-link.net> <jhut@inst.strykercorp.com>