Re: smbfs working?

Christopher M. Huffine (2cd5huffinec@vmsb.csd.mu.edu)
Mon, 04 Nov 1996 23:28:26 -0600

At 03:55 PM 11/4/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Does smbfs work on the Linux/AXP? Looking at the code makes it seem
>like it's 386 only. It compiles fine, but when I use smbmount, the
>mount point becomes an invalid file. smbumount claims that it's not
>an smbfs mount and umount seg faults. Is it not 64-bit clean? I'm using
>2.0.24 on a Jensen.

Hi,

I have similar results. I am interested in trying to update the
code in order to get it to work, once I have a chance. From the symptoms,
it seems like only a small problem, getting the file pointer at the right
place. But, I could be wrong. I would really like to get the system working.

anyone have any hints?

Thanks,

Chris