Re: Spare parts for UDB's

John Jaszczak (jpj@dec3.mc.duke.edu)
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 16:00:08 -0500 (EST)

On 4 Nov 1996, Eric Smith wrote:

> John Jaszczak <jpj@dec3.mc.duke.edu> wrote:
> > The SCSI connector on the back of my UDB is defective. I called
> > I brought it in and showed them the problem, and they agreed that it was
> > broke and that the int/ext SCSI cable needed to be replaced. Then the
> > I'd really like to get this part ordered before the warranty expires on
> > Thursday.
>
> I think the internal SCSI cable assembly (of which the external SCSI
> connector is an integral component) has a DEC part number on it. But I
> don't have a unit here at the office to inspect.
>
> Cheers,
> Eric

Well, the guy at the Servicenter tried to order it using the DEC part
number, but to no avail. I check the mailing list archive and found a
message maddog had posted stated that the Multivendor Customer Service
group had bought up the UDB's for spare parts. So now I'm trying to get
in touch with them.

bye
johnjaszczak