Re: Multi Ethernet

David A Rusling (rusling@linux.reo.dec.com)
Mon, 04 Nov 1996 14:21:22 +0000

> Wolfgang Dreyer wrote:
>
> >(The same should apply for the PC64 and EB164 motherboard, just the milo)
> >(&.img files are different)
> >

> How about the PC164 or Durango ? Can I use the eb164.img for a bootdisk ? Or
> will the pc164.img from a RedHat 4.0 mirror work with the 3.0.3 ramdisk.img
> ? Would I need to download a more recent milo from gatekeeper ?

No, use the PC164 image the two boards have different interrupt handling (again).

> When the install succeeds, will I be able to build a pc164-type kernel ? Or
> will I need more recent sources ? Which version ?

Again, no, use the PC164 kernel again because of interrupt handling differences.

Dave

David A Rusling Principal Engineer
European Semiconductor Applications Digital Equipment Co Ltd.,
Engineering PO Box 121,
Imperial Way,
Worton Grange
Reading RG2 0TU
Linux, Alpha, StrongArm, PCI Tel: UK-(0)1734-204380
Fax: UK-(0)1734-203133