Re: milo

Fritz Ganter (ganter@rebekka.tu-graz.ac.at)
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 11:24:39 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 4 Nov 1996, RHS Linux User wrote:

> hello
>
> I installed RedHat-4.0 in a UDB. Every time a switch on the machine
> it comes the firmware prompt. To boot milo I am using a floppy.
> is there any way to install milo in the system without using a floppy?

Did you make a little 1.44MB Partition? No? Thats bad! ;-)

If you had done this, set it to type 4 (MS-DOS 12-bit FAT).
While you running Linux, put the milo floppy in the disk drive and do:

dd if=/dev/fd0 of=/dev/sda1
(if your DOS-partition is on sda1)
After rebooting setup the bootmenu in the right way. Now you can boot milo
from disk.

Fritz "who dances with the Linux" Ganter. ganter@fvkma.tu-graz.ac.at
WWW: http://fvkma.tu-graz.ac.at/ganter ganter@quant-x.com
EDV-Consulting F.Ganter Grazerstr. 26a,A-8045 Graz support@quant-x.com
Member of the Quant-X Group: Alpha based Systems running Linux