Re: Tulip driver in 2.0.24

Brian Topping (topping@mauswerks.com)
Sun, 03 Nov 1996 13:55:19 -0800

I posted the original patch, but Linus rejected it because he felt there
were not enough people using it. The patch I created covers the cases
on broken BIOS's that return the NIC with the serial rom as the last NIC
instead of the first NIC.

I can generate the diff from the results of this patch, but I would
rather use my complete patch since it will be about the n'th time that I
have regenerated it due to driver changes over the months.

Realistically though, I think whichever patch is used is something that
is better put in the 2.1 source tree. 2.0.x needs to freeze so we can
move on, and those of us that need the multiport patch will be able to
help each other out on supporting the 2.0.x kernels on multiport 21x40
systems.

My two cents...

-B

<snip>