Re: compiling xli

Christian Czezatke (e9025461@student.tuwien.ac.at)
Sun, 03 Nov 1996 23:07:38 +0100

Hi!

Ville Steudle wrote:

> Hi,
>
> while trying to compile xli-1.15 (a picture viewer), I got
> the following error:
>
> gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 6
>
> Any hint what went wrong?

Actually, I have no idea what is going wrong, but I had the
same problem when compiling xli 1.16 on Redhat 3.0.3 (i.e.
with gcc 2.7.1-1 I think).

gcc failed to compile "main.c" (as far as I remember). I could
get around that by compiling the offendinf file without
optimisation (i.e. without the "-O" option).

After that I got a woring xli ECOFF binary.

Hope that helps!

Christian

| Christian Czezatke, student of Computer Science at the           |
| Vienna University of Technology (Vienna, Austria, EUROPE)        |
| email: e9025461@student.tuwien.ac.at                             |
| PostODBC, a tool to talk to Postgres95 from Windows clients      |
| is freely available (LGPL) from:                                 |
| http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9025461/                             |
| If you are interested in receiving regular information on        |
| the state of PostODBC, please let me know                        |