Re: Multia

Brian G. Emmett (bemmett@cslab.vt.edu)
Sun, 3 Nov 1996 00:26:45 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 2 Nov 1996, Randale Sechrest wrote:

> OK, I know this is stupid, but I've looked high and low in the docs.
>
> I've got my Multia setup with sda1 1440K, sda2 as root, and sda3 as
> swap. How do I get linloader and milo onto the sda1 partition so I can
> setup autobooting? sda1 is set up as a dos type partition.
>
> BTW, this system seems a bit slow compared to my 60 mhz pentium running
> redhat 3.03. Is it me or is it really a dog?

Assuming that you have linload and milo on a floppy, simply put the floppy
in its drive and type the following command:

# dd if=/dev/fd0 of=/dev/sda1 bs=10240

That'll get it on /dev/sda1, then reboot and edit the WNT ARC boot options
so it'll know where to autoboot from. Yell if you need any more
assistance.

Brian

Brian Emmett bemmett@cslab.vt.edu
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was
convincing the world that he didn't exist.
And like that, he was gone" -Verbal Kint