Re: 1mb cache

Brian E.W. Wood (beww@intac.com)
Sat, 2 Nov 1996 23:00:43 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 1 Nov 1996, Iwao Jack Makino wrote:

> $495 EBPXC-AC 1MBcache
> is this a parts number ???
> This is for DEC noname machine...

I think the original question was about a 1MB cache SIMM for a UDB.
According to my manual the part number for that is VX41M-AC - looks
like similar nomenclature but the above is for an Evaluation Board
(EB - hence noname).

Interestingly my UDB manual states that the VX41M-AC is for "Models
VX41", it does not say it is for the VX-42 (the original question)
although I suspect that it would be the same (speed difference?).

In any case, this is not the sort of thing you can find at your
local CompUSA :-)

Brian E.W. Wood
beww@intac.com