Re: Multi Ethernet

geerten kuiper (geerten@bart.nl)
Sat, 2 Nov 1996 13:02:20 +0100 (MET)

Wolfgang Dreyer wrote:

>Directions to install RedHat 3.0.3 Linux Alpha on UDB

and very detailed directions they were ! Thank you Wolfgang !

>(The same should apply for the PC64 and EB164 motherboard, just the milo)
>(&.img files are different)

How about the PC164 or Durango ? Can I use the eb164.img for a bootdisk ? Or
will the pc164.img from a RedHat 4.0 mirror work with the 3.0.3 ramdisk.img
? Would I need to download a more recent milo from gatekeeper ?

BTW, I noticed that I can mount the floppy with the 3.0.3 ramdisk.img on it,
but not the 4.0. Maybe it is compressed ?

When the install succeeds, will I be able to build a pc164-type kernel ? Or
will I need more recent sources ? Which version ?

Does anybody know when to expect the next edition of InfoMagic Developers
Resource ? Will it have RedHat 4.0 ? (both Intel and Alpha/AXP ?)

Groeten,
Geerten.

Geerten Kuiper | "It is customary to append a signature or
Corn. Houtmanstraat 113 | .sig to a mail message, usually containing
2593 RG Den Haag | information on the author, along with a
Nederland | joke or a motto."