PORT for Java Linux AXP

Office (wdr@quant-x.com)
Sat, 2 Nov 96 11:01:13 +0100

Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1996 16:18:12 -0500 (EST)
From: velcro@pobox.com
To: axp-list@redhat.com
Subject: Re: java on linux/axp

>> Insist? Sun would laugh at you. I, however, would have this
>> tendencacy to pay attention to a computer arriving at my doorstep =)
>>
>> However, I've asked before for nothing more than an account on a linux/axp
>> system with ELF 64, a fast net connection (so I can work from the labs at
>> school) and at least 100-200 megs of disk space for me to work in. Also,
I'd
>> need the owner of the machine to have a non-commercial source use java
license
>> (it is perhaps legal for me to copy my license to that system, but most
likely
>> not).
>
>Wouldn't you have an easier go of it with a machine in front of you?
>
>www.dginc.com has UDBs for $1100, still available. Can we not persuade
someone to
>supply Randy with a machine? Perfect Office for Java might be the Killer App
that
>gets us to critical mass; we ought to be doing what we can to make that
happen.

Hi you,

As i am also interested in having JAVA on Linux/AXP i will provide one
machine for the time it needs to be ported. It will not be the fastest
but it will be a PC64 with harddisk, memory and all other things.

please tell me what you need for the port?

How long will you need it?

Randy should get in contact with me personaly and i will make it
possible.

Wolfgang Dreyer